`Birth is a life key experience that a mother will remember for the rest of her life´
`My intention is for every mother and family to have the best birth experience possible, given the cirumstances of the moment, and to support them every step of the way´- Liz
As a doula I am available to offer pregnant women and families emotional, physical, mindful support during the phases of pregnancy, birth and after birth. I am companioning women and families by holding space for their personal journey to unfold in it's own unique way, surrounded by trust, care and love.
My unique doula approach comes from my many years experience of being a mindfulness trainer and practicioner. I would like to share with you how to engage the mind to work with the pain, intense sensation, fear and anxiety during labor while at the same time increasing confidence and courage for the experience of labor and delivery.
* ---- *
A Doula can offer you evidence based information. She supports you so that you can discover how to make your own informed and conscious choices for pregnancy, birth and after birth (post-partum).
* ---- *
A Doula offers non judgemental support. She knows your wishes, your fears and your strenghts. She can help you and your partner prepare for birth by; looking deeply into all the physiological and emotional aspects of pregnancy and birth and your relationship with them, by exploring your wishes for birth with the support of a birthplan, by practicing to mindfully cope with pain and intense sensations during labor, and by helping to prepare for the post partum period to ease the transition into parenthood.
* ---- *
A Doula offers continuous emotional and physical support during one or all of the phases of pregancy, birth and after birth. She can be continiously present during your labour regardless the duration and place. She can play a crucial role in helping a partner become involved in the birth to the exend he/she feels comfortable.
As a doula I do not:
* Make decisions for you or give second opinions. I do not make decisions for clients or intervenes in their medical care. I provides informational and emotional support, while respecting a women´s decisions.
* Perform any medical tasks.
A Doula is a non medical childbirth professional. Doulas do not replace midwifes, nurses or other medical staff. Doulas do not perform clinical or medical tasks like taking blood pressure, or temperature, monitoring fetal heart rate or doing vaginal examination. They are there to comfort the mother through continious emotional and physical support.
My intention is for every session to follow it´s natural flow related to questions and wishes of the pregnant women/couple and prepared themes. Every session will include one or several mindful awareness exercises (sitting, laying or movement) to facilitate a growing connection with the body, the baby, the breath, the present moment.
Themes that could be covered during the sessions are:
- Fysiology of pregnancy and birth
- Hormonal landscape of pregancy and birth
- Conscious informed decision making
- Dreams, wishes, and joys
- Difficulties, worries, fears, stress, emotions
- Partner / relationship connection (communication, emotions, sexuality, difficulties, exercises)
- Preparation of a birth plan
- Hospital birth preparation
- Home birth preparation
- Body & mind preparation for birth (strechtes, perineum massage, pelvic work, body awareness, breath excersises)
- Couple preparation for birth (movements, postures, massages techniques, breath excersises, feeling of touch)
- Mindful birthing preparation and exercises
- Consciously working with pain, difference between pain and suffering
- Preparation for post partum period
- and much more
Post partum care could include:
- Mother (emotional) support
- Questions and concerns
- Processing of the birth experience
- Basic breastfeeding support
- Baby care support / Family care support
If wished for by the family the post partum care can be extended over a longer period of time and for a longer duration per visit as support to the mother, family and household. Max. 3 hours per day, several days per week, several weeks.
The post partum extra service could include:
* Support (emotional) for the mother (and family)
* Recovery support for the mother
* Support in baby care
* Support in family care and light house hold
Please contact me for more info.
Doula Service Packages:
Depending on the womens and families wishes, needs and budget we can create a service offer specifically aimed at your personal situation.
* free introducion meeting - 5 pre birth sessions (2-3 hrs)/ 2 post partum sessions (1 hour) / on call 24hrs from wk 37-42 / birth support in person
* free introduction meeting - 3 pre birth sessions (2-3 hrs) / 2 post partum sessions (1 hour) / on call 24hrs from wk 37-42 / birth support latente phase at home before travel to hospital, at hospital phone availability
* free introduction meeting - 5 pre birth sessions (2-3 hrs)/ 2 post partum sessions (1 hour)
WOULD YOU LIKE TO HEAR MORE ON MY WORK, INSPIRATION AND OFFERS. SIGN UP FOR MY NEWSLETTER